background

background

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Snow in May!

So yes, we woke up to snow on the ground this morning!!! And it's still only 33 degrees outside! I am so tired of this cold weather! one might think that since I'm 36 1/2 weeks pregnant I'd be glad that it's not hot outside, but the only maternity bottoms I have that fit decently are shorts! So I'm cold all the time!

This has been a really good pregnancy. I haven't gained as much weight as I did with Julia and I've been going to water aerobics as often as I can so I feel stronger and have less hip pain. I can't believe my little baby boy will be here in less than 4 weeks (hopefully I'm not jinxing myself) I haven't even packed my hospital bag yet!! There is so much to do! It's so nice to have my husband home after a couple of weeks of being out of town a lot. It's not like I get to see him that much when he is here, but I sleep better at night and those few minutes in the mornings and evenings make a world of difference. I'm much more motivated to keep my house clean and get things done. I also eat better because I want to cook good meals for him instead of just finding something to fill Julia's and my bellies.

Julia said her first name this week: Bac (Beck). She loves her cousin Beckham. They play really well together usually (yesterday was an exception). After he came over yesterday she kept walking around saying "Bac, Bac, Baky!" and calling and talking to him on her toy phones! It is so cute! We also babysat Bruce and Kiri's little baby boy Crosby here at our house. I was interested to see how Julia would interact with a baby here and how she would do having her mommy's attention split between her and a baby. She was very loving and gentle with him. She had some trouble sharing the toys I'd picked out for him to play with, but didn't show any animosity or jealousy toward him. We'll see how things go with a baby around permanently!

Julia and I decided on Monday that since Daddy was out of town, it would be a good time to take a trip to Logan to visit Brian and Traci and Dallin and Audrey and see Traci's beautiful twin filled belly! I was planning on going alone, but that morning, Jenae offered to go with me. It was a really great thing she did! It was wonderful to have time to talk with her on the drive, and really wonderful to have someone else to drive on the way back. I got way more wiped out by the trip than I'd expected. We went to a cool park, I hit a car in the parking lot backing out, we checked out the new Sub Zero, got Aggie Ice Cream, played Phase 10, and ate really yummy pizza! Julia and the kids had a fun time playing until exhaustion started setting in! Thanks for the wonderful, fun filled day Brian and Traci! Can't wait to see you and be able to spend some time with Jeff and Heather too at Kirk's reception!

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

Wow, sounds like some busy and fun adventures! Road trips are great, but I hear you on the exhaustion part and the whole pregnant thing. Julia is so smart and has such a cute personality. It is fun to hear about! Glad things are going well! Take care of yourself, and you'd better pack that bag!(come to think of it, so should I!)

Lori said...

Wow, I didn't even know you'd left town. Glad you had a good time (minus the little fender bender?). I know what you mean about the husband not being around much... Can't wait to see your little one soon!

Kar said...

Aw, I hope Ben can be around more often in the next few weeks. I'm so excited for you that you're almost done! You have a fantastic attitude. I need to be more like you. :)

Mickey said...

Holli you are amazing! I didn't even know you were gone. Not that I need too, but you are such a trooper. I am excited for the new baby. Julia is going to be such a wonderful big sister. She has great mom who takes so much time to teach her. you are awesome!